[Prism54-devel] Re: Patches and controversial change

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Sat Oct 9 18:13:54 UTC 2004

At 10:31 09.10.2004 -0400, Luis scribeth:
>On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 03:38:32PM +0200, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> > OK, patch coming to get 2.4 upto 2.6 after Linus's sparse
> > changes. Thereafter, we should be back to common changes.
> > Patch coming to further reduce sparse warnings, so that there
> > only remains 2 warnings from the union iwreq_data.data.pointer assignment
> > (defined with attribute __user in wireless.h)
> >
> > Patch coming to enable device in resume code.
> >
> > And now something which is probably controversial.
> > Recently I have access to a couple of cards/boxen that have
> > the same symptons as other people have reported -
> > Dropped connections, bouncy bitrate, association problems etc.
> > This somehow seems related to sleep mode (Note not PSM)
> > The only way I can get these reliably working is to disable the
> > SLEEP interrupt. (This anyway must be done for mode Master
> > and arguably for Adhoc; I would say definitely without knowlege of
> > what the firmware is doing)
> > Firmware 1.0.4.3 seems more susceptible to this problem than
> > 1.0.3.0.
> >
> > Unless someone screams no, I am going to generally disable the
> > SLEEP interrupt (Don't assert in enable_common_interrupts)
> > Until we know the ins and outs of this, lets just get the driver
> > motoring along.
>
>Great, because all my cards have worked beautifully, so I was never able
>to troubleshoot this. BTW, at suspend I think we should just be turning
>off the radio and at enable turn it back on. Currently the problem I'm
>seeing is prism54 module is being unloaded at suspend, and not sure why.

Some distro's recognized the problem with prism54 resume and put the
driver in a list of modules to be unloaded at suspend time. It will be in
some config file.

>The attached patch was what I have so far in case it helps.

I'll take a look at that. Meantime let's just enable the device at resume
to get
it working.

(Your message on devel got trashed as it wasn't text :-)   )

Margit