[Prism54-devel] Prism54 AP WPA using Hostap and WDS

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:56:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 04:51:28PM +0100, Joerg Dorchain wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 10:24:26AM -0500, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > Have you re-configured the kernel and enabled the "Enable WDS" option?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. I am trying to compiling this outside the
> kernel tree, and I can't find a WDS option in the stock kernel, neither
> anything else that looks configurable except the Makefile in the cvs
> tarball.

Ah, then yes, this is required or you can edit your config manually and
update the CONFIG_PRISM54_WDS to yes. This option at kernel
configuration time is now available for 2.4 and 2.6 using our kernel
patches.

> For dev_alloc, I have no old kernel tree at hand to look it up.

I have looked into this and dev_alloc has been deprecated from 2.5 since
last year. dev_alloc_name is, however, still availalable so that is what
we'll use.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E