[Prism54-devel] Bandwidth limitation - where?

Andriy Korud a.korud@vector.com.pl
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:41:43 +0200

Hi,=20
in my tests I was able to achieve maximum 18Mbit/s in ad-hoc mode and =
16Mbit/s in master mode in Linux-Windows communication using current CVS =
driver. Signal strength and link quality are 100% - according to windows =
driver information.
So I'm very interested where is bandwidth limitation - driver =
architecture? Limited chipset specification? Is it possible (in theory) =
to reach 54Mbit?=20
The same host handle 100Mbit/s via Ethernet without any problem, so this =
is not CPU/kernel limitation.
Also interested why bandwidth in infrastructure mode is less then in =
ad-mode?

--

Andriy Korud=20
sales support engineer=20