[Prism54-devel] problem about WEP

ÌÆ·æ martin_sjtu@yahoo.com.cn
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:10:58 +0800 (CST)

Hi,all

      First I am not using prism54.o but islpci.o come
from Linux_DDK_1.1.1.0.tgz, and I met issue when
setting WEP on intersil 3890 card that works in AP
mode.
     The test envirement is: 3890 card plugged in a
PC with Linux-2.4.21 kerenl and is used in Master(AP)
mode, a Laptop with intel's centrilo 802.11b card is
used as client and the card use WinXP's default
wireless config tools.
     The test output is:
     1. when not set WEP on AP
     the client can connect(here it means the WinXP OS
display "connected") and successfully ping the AP,
aslo it can access AP's samba folder.
     2. when set WEP on AP.
     for I use Linux_DDK_1.1.1.0.tgz and can only set
WEP by use "iwpriv" cmd.next is what I input:
     iwpriv eth1 setauthenten 3
     iwpriv eth1 setprivinvok 1
     iwpriv eth1 setunencrypt 1
     iwpriv eth1 setdefkeyid 0
     iwpriv eth1 setdefkeyx 1234567890
after these setting I use the "get" cmd to test these
set cmd and all is OK, and client's WinXP default scan
display AP has WEP on.
     then I set a wrong key "1111111111" in client but
WinXP display "connected" but can't ping through AP.
     finally I set the right key "1234567890" WinXP
display "connected" and still can't ping through AP.
     So I was completely confused and hope can get
some clues here.

Best Regards
Martin Tang