[Prism54-devel] [NEWS] Prism54 and Conexant resume talks on firmware license agreements

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed, 19 May 2004 13:17:10 -0400

--zYo4Elh1vtcYNvbq

I'm pleased to announce that we've resumed talks with Conexant regarding
a license issue for the firmware required to use the prism54 driver. The
license we are persuing will allow for free redistribution of
the firmware. This in turn, would allow for distributions to include it
within their releases.

A side topic being discussed is obtaining specifications for the Prism
GT/Duette/Intersil chipsets to further enhance the driver. We are also
looking to obtain specifications to support the new firmware
architecture for new devices and for full USB support. We'll keep you
posted.

	Luis

--=20
GnuPG Key fingerprint =3D 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E

--zYo4Elh1vtcYNvbq

--zYo4Elh1vtcYNvbq--