[Prism54-devel] Patch for PCI id 1260:3886

Jarl Friis jarl@softace.dk
Tue, 18 May 2004 15:30:42 +0200

mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu (Luis R. Rodriguez) writes:

> Not only do you need a new firmware but you need a new major rewrite of
> this driver. We're still awaiting to hear from Conexant for specs/source
> to see if we can start working on the new driver.

I understand.=20

However, if anybody is curious, I managed to extract the firmware from
the PRISMA00.sys file, by following the steps illustrated on
http://prism54.org/pipermail/prism54-devel/2004-February/000695.html
I ended up the same dead end anyway,but with these numbers with
firmware version 2.4.3.5 in the .sys file.
offset:0x09c0 =3D 2496
size =3D 0x6e78 =3D 28280

I have now saved the file as 2.4.3.5.arm and with the patch I
suggested previously I can load it by renaming it to 'isl3886', so I
am ready to test. But as you say, Luis, I need support from the
driver.

If you can give me exact names of make and model for PCI/PCMCIA cards
that contains PCIID 0280:3886 chip, I will consider donate some of
these to you to speed up the development of the prism54 driver, until
then I use the linuxant driverloader which seems to work without problems.

Jarl

--=20
Jarl Friis
Softace