[Prism54-devel] Prism54 on PPC

Alain Perry alain.perry@postgrad.plymouth.ac.uk
Tue, 11 May 2004 18:04:53 +0100

Hi list,

I'm using Prism54 on a 2.6.5 on my AlBook to drive a Netgear WG511
pcmcia card. The driver works great.
I'm just reporting here because I encounter a strange phenomena that
looks quite random to me. When using the card, the kernel sometimes
seems to fail, and I get a "xmon>" prompt over the framebuffer display.
It most of the time doesn't stop the system from behaving correctly once
I press 'x' to exit that prompt, however, I guess something is not as it
should be here :-)
I was just mailing here to know how to help by filing a proper bug
report (i.e. is the problem known ?, do I attempt to get a stack trace
from the xmon thing or from something else ?, do I need to recompile my
kernel with different option ?, etc.)
I must precise that I am a complete newbie when it comes to kernel
debugging, and that I am new to PPC (that xmon thing is a ppc feature
right ?)

Thanks for any help.

--
Alain Perry