[Prism54-devel] Link to wireless repeater?

Joerg Dorchain joerg@dorchain.net
Sat, 1 May 2004 15:55:35 +0200

--OzxllxdKGCiKxUZM

Hi list,

I have a SMC2802 working for some time with the prism54 driver as in the
linux kernel 2.6.5 in master mode.

Now I want to extend my wlan network with a wireless repeater
(SMC28070W) which has such a functionality. However, it says that mutual
relationship, "where each link is defined by the MAC addresses of the
other repeater capable AP" and "note that for each repeater AP specified
on this page, you must also configure that AP to have a WDS link back to
this AP".

I did not find aynthing about about this kind of setup in the docs, and
the sourcesonly look like a incomplete implementation.

Is there a way to configure the card in the linux box to establish a WDS
link with the repeater?
Even if it's not there, but someone orking on it I'd be happy to test it
in my setup and help.

TIA,

Joerg

--OzxllxdKGCiKxUZM