[Prism54-devel] Versioning system

Luis R. Rodriguez ;"Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu>
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:17:37 -0500

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:56:11AM +0100, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> In one word - Yuk.
> And did you read the license ?
> It certainly isn't GPL.

It isn't GPL but I'm OK with the license. Quote from the FAQ:
---< http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#collab >----
Is Subversion proprietary? I heard that it belongs to CollabNet.

No, Subversion is open source / free software. CollabNet pays the
salaries of several full-time developers, and holds the copyright on the
code, but that copyright is an Apache/BSD-style license which is fully
compliant with the Debian Free Software Guidelines.

This suffices for me.

> What's wrong with with CVS ?

I have nothing against it. Subversion just seems to have more features
than CVS does. I mentioned it since it was recommended by a fellow
developer. Wanted to know what others thought of it.

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E