[Prism54-devel] Re: Prism54 in 2.6.4-bk2

Margit Schubert-While margitsw@t-online.de
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 10:47:11 +0100

--=====================_7554893==_.ALT

Luis,
Just my opinion again :-)
I think you should contact Jeff to get at least read access
to BitKeeper.
You are going to need immediate access to changes that
anybody else makes; or you have to make sure that you get
copied on any changes which isn't guaranteed.
If you have the "(C) Luis ..." with a valid E-Mail address at
the TOP of EVERY source file, then people MAY copy you.

I am for splitting 2.4 and 2.6.
(Then we can undo the moduleparam changes in 2.4 to
  make it work again for older kernels :-) )

Personally, I would freeze the current snapshot/CVS (so that the
WDS stuff is still there), bring the snapshot/CVS in line with the
kernel and then branch 2.4 and 2.6.

It was indeed a bit premature; I was toying with the idea of
combining some of the source files before it made it's way
into the kernel (the islpci_xxx.h,c routines could easily be put
together), but ho-hum.

Margit
--=====================_7554893==_.ALT

Just my opinion again :-)<br>
I think you should contact Jeff to get at least read access<br>
to BitKeeper.<br>
You are going to need immediate access to changes that<br>
anybody else makes; or you have to make sure that you get<br>
copied on any changes which isn't guaranteed.<br>
If you have the &quot;(C) Luis ...&quot; with a valid E-Mail address
at<br>
the TOP of EVERY source file, then people MAY copy you.<br><br>
I am for splitting 2.4 and 2.6.<br>
(Then we can undo the moduleparam changes in 2.4 to<br>
&nbsp;make it work again for older kernels :-) )<br><br>
Personally, I would freeze the current snapshot/CVS (so that the<br>
WDS stuff is still there), bring the snapshot/CVS in line with the<br>
kernel and then branch 2.4 and 2.6.<br><br>
It was indeed a bit premature; I was toying with the idea of<br>
combining some of the source files before it made it's way<br>
into the kernel (the islpci_xxx.h,c routines could easily be put<br>
together), but ho-hum.<br><br>
Margit</font></html>