[Prism54-devel] SoftMAC Cards

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu Jun 24 17:03:28 UTC 2004

> Once this is done, one needs to insmod the sm_drv.o module.
> From here an extra device eth2(for me) appears in ifconfig.
> I can set an ipaddress to it, but the lights on the card dont seem to
> light up.iwconfig reports : eth2  no wireless extensions.
> I think there is a way of manipluating the card through some of the
> applications that they provide.
> Ill have another look at it later on tonight.

Hey Viddy,

Yeah, as with the original intersil code from which prism54 came out
from, this code uses no wireless extensions so you can't use the
wireless tools on it. They provided [g|s]etoid tools though. You can use
those but then you'll have to try to figure out what each oid does and
how to interact with them (you can only do this right now by looking at
the code).

We should play with this code as an exercise but we should realize that
Conexant may also soon provide us a nice more updated version of the
source.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E