[Prism54-devel] GUPD (Grand Unified Prism54 Driver) Open discussion

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Tue Jun 15 19:17:48 UTC 2004

As an experiment, I have just tried merging all source code for a
GUPD (Grand Unified Prism54 Driver)  :-)
prism54.h - 1063 lines
prism54.c - 5583 lines
With everything defined static (data and functions), it works and
saves a chunk of generated code.

Is this something we should be looking at ?

Some points :
With this setup, we can move the driver up into net/wireless.
We get rid of the horrible prism include dependencies.
(All structures/defs are available to all routines)
Everything gets defined static allowing the compiler to produce
compact code.  This, though, means that kernel stack traces are
less informative. (But, of course, we don't get oops'es in prism54
do we ? :-) )

OK Discuss.

Margit