[Prism54-devel] Prism54 kernel patches accepted

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Fri Jun 11 07:15:05 UTC 2004

The kernel patches have been accepted by the kernel network
maintainer Jeff Garzik, so they should be turning up in kernel BK
fairly soon.

Note maintainers/developers :
A 1 line change will go into CVS today.
This should then make CVS == Kernel.
The next set of (unobtrusive) patches are on the backburner :
- function cleanup - extraneous inline's, missing static's etc)
- wmb() -> smp_wmb()
- dev_kfree_skb(_irq) -> dev_kfree_skb_any

I am holding back on these until I know if I can submit these
immediately or have to wait for appearance of the previous
patches in kernel BK.

Developers - food for thought -
I am working on a patch to fold isl_38xx.h into
islpci_dev.h and isl_38xx.c into islpci_dev.c.
This makes sense as 90 % of 38xx.c is only used
in dev.c.
This would simplify things a lot and enable further
optimization.
Comments ?

Margit