[Prism54-devel] prism54-usb firmware loading

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 9 07:29:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:07:33 -0400
mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu (Luis R. Rodriguez) wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:20:11PM +0200, Helmar Spangenberg wrote:
> > Am Montag, 7. Juni 2004 23:41 schrieb Mark Reiche:
> > (...)
> > > Could it be - as the "newer" firmware is much smaller then the older
> > > ones - that some functionality was moved from the firmware to the driver?
> >
> > I don't think so. The driver simply needs some further development.

The 802.11 management was removed from the firmware.

> > Well, I'm trying to port isl_ioctl.c from the pci branch to USB. Very slowly,
> > but hopefully steadily. One question to the list maintainers: Is there a
> > possibility to publish the results e.g. in CVS?
>
> To publish what results? If you're working on the prism54-usb cvs tree,
> and have patches, send them to the list. If you contribute too much you
> might as well get cvs write access.

I have few updates to the driver, with a bit of luck I will spare some
time to commit them tonight.

Feyd

Best Regards,

Marian Jancar
software developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.                              e-mail: mjancar at suse.com
Drahobejlova 27                              tel:+420 283 095 382
190 00 Praha 9                               fax:+420 283 095 374
Czech Republic                               http://www.suse.com