[Prism54-devel] Suggested islpci_dev.c patch

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Thu Jul 29 18:29:34 UTC 2004

Myself scribeth:
 > Here is suggested patch to islpci_dev.c, interrupt handling
 > 1) We need to take the spin lock early.
 > 2) If the interrupt is not for us, don't do anything.
 >    At the moment, we are adjusting state and returning "HANDLED"
 >    when the IRQ is not for us.
etc.

Can anyone/does anyone see any problem with this ?
I have this running for about a week now. (UP and SMP)
Discovered on one lappie of mine when X video driver was running on the
same IRQ.
Also reduced problems on 2.6 SMP/PREMPT box (further probs I don't think are
being caused by prism54; well early stages yet - smp/preempt/wlan eek.)
If no one shouts, I'll commit and push to Jeff; I think this should be in
2.6.8 final.

Margit