[Prism54-devel] Re: basic rates

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Tue Jul 27 13:25:10 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 14:45, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> At 23:18 26.07.2004 +0300, Denis scribeth:
>  > This is bad. If STAs genuinely are not capable
>  > of doing 54Mbit due to hw limitations or if they just don't
>  > advertise 54Mbit in basic_rates set, such STAs would
>  > be rejected by prism54.
>
> I think you misunderstand. Your tcpdump shows that prism54
> is advertising on all rates (mixed b-g)

Note the asterisks. Those rates, including 54Mbit,
are advertised as _basic_, not just _supported_.

Therefore STA which does not advertise 54Mbit
won't be able to associate at all.
This is exactly what I see with acx111.
If I assoc first and then switch prism54
and acx111 into "54M auto" rate, they are talking
happily.

I may be wrong here, but so far I don't see where.
--
vda