[Prism54-devel] basic rates observation

Denis Vlasenko vda at port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Sat Jul 24 21:25:47 UTC 2004

While testing acx111 with two access points, one hostap-based
and one prism54-based, I noticed that acx111 never associates
with AP if AP has something except 1Mbit and 2Mbit rates
listed in basic_rates parameter.

hostap AP allows basic_rates to be controlled via iwpriv.
I don't know how to control that for prism54.
As a result, I cannot fully test 11g rates with prism54
because I must configure it with

# iwconfig <prism54_interface> rate 2M auto

or else acx111 won't assoc.

Probably some acx111 users will observe this as
"acx111 does not work for me!".

I am horrendously sleepy now, making last patch took 9
hours, will try to look into it later.

prism54 folks, if you know how to set basic_rates for
prism54 AP, please apply cluebat to me.
--
vda