[Prism54-devel] Fwd: USB driver for linksys WUSB54G

Damian Dimmich damian.dimmich at ezgov.com
Wed Jul 14 13:45:42 UTC 2004

Hi,

I sent this e-mail to feyd but I figured that it may be applicable to the
whole list.

While I am at it, the usb driver available in cvs (via viewcvs) on prism54.org
seems to be quite old with files dating back 3 months.  Is this still being
maintained?

Kind regards,
Damian

Hi Feyd,

It seems that the vendor id you have and I have seem to mismatch.  I modified
the usb_init.c file in the prism54_usb driver to include the below.

I changed:
static const struct usb_device_id p54u_table[] = {
        {USB_DEVICE(0x5041, 0x2234)},   /* Linksys WUSB54G */
        {}
};

to this:
static const struct usb_device_id p54u_table[] = {
        {USB_DEVICE(0x5041, 0x2234)},   /* Linksys WUSB54G */
        {USB_DEVICE(0x1915, 0x2234)},   /* Linksys WUSB54G */
        {}
};

and now the device gets recoginsed correctly after a recompile, install,
depmod -a and modprobe :).

Thanks a lot for the driver work till now!

Let me know if I can help find any bugs, I'll be testing over the next couple
of days.

Cheers,
Damain