[Prism54-devel] regarding chipset names

Dan Allen dan@mojavelinux.com
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:23:10 -0600

After much research, it appears that either the Prism GT is showing
up under a different name or an additional chipset is supported by
this driver.  I recently purchased an Xterasys XN-2522G PCI wireless
card (a product which is cropping up all over the web in stores) and
successfully used the prism54.org driver to configure and bring it
onto my home network.  I now need to purchase an additional card,
only this time a PCCard for my laptop.  I noticed that Xterasys also
sells a PCCard with the model name XN-2422G.  On the datasheet for
that card it claims to use an Intersil Frisbee chipset.  After some
research I discovered that the XN-2522G PCI card also uses this same
chipset.

http://xterasys.com/files/xn2422g_datasheet.pdf
http://tekgems.com/Products/et-9963-nwl-xn-2522g.htm

Based on the model name and that spec sheet, I suspect that the two
cards are in fact the same.  So to better assist users of the
prism54.org driver, perhaps you could mention something about the
Intersil Frisbee chipset on the web, whether it is the same as the
PrismGT or yet another supported chipset.

Thanks!

Dan

Daniel Allen, <dan@mojavelinux.com>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/
"If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I
simply know better than you do."
 -- Linus Torvalds