[Prism54-devel] WPA Supplicant support for Prism54 driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline@cc.hut.fi
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:09:05 -0800

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 06:49:41PM +0100, Aurelien wrote:

> maybe you can help me on this : WPA-PSK keys are often given as a passphrase. To obtain the 256 bits key, some hashing is needed. Do you know any linux tool that does it ?

Sure, take a look at wpa_supplicant. It comes with a separate tool,
wpa_passphrase, which can be used to generate the PSK from
(SSID,passphrase) pair. Please also note that the PSK is not the key
used in data encryption. It is used during key handshake that generates
the used data encryption keys. wpa_supplicant implements the needed key
handshakes.

wpa_supplicant and wpa_passphrase are available from the Host AP CVS
(see http://hostap.epitest.fi/). Most of the code is in wpa_supplicant
directory.