[Prism54-devel] Re: [Prism54-users] Output power regulation - SMC2802W

kaleda gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:05:43 +0200

> Here's a patch that allows to set outputpower in 0.25 dBm units.
I don't understand why you put output power to private ioctl, if there
is standard wireless extention ioctl SIOCSIWTXPOW &  SIOCGIWTXPOW.
iwconfig ethX txpower

Currently I'm looking at private ioctls and I think that maybe some
private ioctls should be combined into one, e.g. all acl ioctl combined
into one, and the first byte shows tha value should be read/write/add
mac/reset acl and so on.
Because if we want to add more functionality, soon we'll get no free
private ioctls.

Or my other suggestion would be to write a helper program to controll
private ioctls. So we could use our own private ioctl structure to
control the card.

Kaleda