[Prism54-devel] source documentation

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvr@hvrlab.org
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:22:18 +0100

heya...

since from time to time people start asking questions about the
firmware's behaviour... we should maybe start adding more documenting
comments to the source; something I wanted to do but didn't get to,
was to write some overview-readme (possibly docbook, as that could be
integrated with inlined source documentation, which can be extracted
automatically -- see recent linux kernel sources), explaining how the
driver works at large, and what routines/functionality to find in
which source-files; but nothing too verbose (that can still be done,
once everything is finalized), as the driver is still WIP, but enough
to get newcomers started faster with the code, as it takes a bit of
time to read through it (...which leads me to another issue... imho
the driver has still too much code lines...)

...shall I proceed and put up some framework in CVS, and hope you'll
help me fill it with information (and possibly correct my spelling
errors...)? :-)

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: hvr@hvrlab.org       /    Finger hvr@gnu.org for GnuPG Public Key