[Prism54-devel] Reg prism54 driver

capm iiith capm_iiith@yahoo.co.in
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:07:44 +0000 (GMT)

--0-279341271-1077703664=:71200

hello,

        We are using Prism54 driver for which i wat some details.

1. Can we trigger scan request from driver code prism54

The question in deatil:

   iwconfig eth1 essid off
   iwconfig eth1 essid on

The result after the execution of the above commands is

 that the  essid is set to AP which has strongest signal strength.

In this, the process actually  goes as

1. scan the channels
2. Get the list of bssid's
3. select the best bssid and
4. set it

Here the SIOCSIWSCAN calls the corressponding call at the
isl_38xx interace level(i.e prism54_set_scan function call).
But there its written that the device looks the scanning process  automatically.

We want to know whether a user can trigger scan request from the
driver code prism54 directly.

2. If yes then how can We set the channel to trigger the probe request on.

We expect a quick reply.

Capm Project Group
IIIT Hyd

--0-279341271-1077703664=:71200

<DIV>hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We are using Prism54 driver for which i wat some details.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1. Can we trigger scan request from driver code prism54<BR><BR>The question in deatil: </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; iwconfig eth1 essid off<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; iwconfig eth1 essid on<BR><BR>The result after the execution of the above commands is <BR><BR> that the &nbsp;essid is set to AP which has strongest signal strength.<BR><BR>In this, the process actually&nbsp; goes as <BR><BR>1. scan the channels<BR>2. Get the list of bssid's <BR>3. select the best bssid and<BR>4. set it<BR><BR>Here the SIOCSIWSCAN calls the corressponding call at the <BR>isl_38xx interace level(i.e prism54_set_scan function call).<BR>But there its written that the device looks the scanning&nbsp;process &nbsp;automatically.<BR><BR><BR>We&nbsp;want to know&nbsp;whether a user can trigger scan request from the <BR>driver code prism54 directly.<BR><BR><BR>2. If yes then how can&nbsp;We set the channel to trigger the probe request on.<BR><BR><BR>We&nbsp;expect a quick reply. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Capm Project Group</DIV>
<DIV>IIIT Hyd</DIV><p><font face=arial size=-1>
--0-279341271-1077703664=:71200--