[Prism54-devel] Which card? Supported?

Wes Will wwill@siu.edu
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:07:04 -0600

Compaq 1600-XL1 laptop, works with Cisco Aironet cards, and with various
hard-wire ethernet Cardbus adapters.  The hardware is fine.

BUT:  a recently purchased (Newegg.com) Xterasys XN2422g card, which, while
listed on the Prism54.org supported cards page, is causing me many
problems.  Can't find the exact ID/Subsystem numbers any on the Prism54
pages.

I've been reading and tinkering for several days, no dice.  Rebuilt
hotplugging as modules, toyed with ASPCI, drivers won't load, cardctl ident
says it has no info for the device, (and yes, the firmware agent does load,
says, "event '' not supported" in the messages log.)  Firmware files are in
the correct place, fresh copies from the web site, or the older version
distro'ed oc CDROM with the hardware.

Any clues?  Is this a new version of the card, or am I just missing
something?  The user forum has been singularly unresponsive (which I hear
from three others on that list is the norm...) so I'm trying the devel group.

lspci -v -v -v -n

02:00.0 Class 0280: 104c:9066
	Subsystem: 13d1:ab80
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

Wes Will

Espacionaute Spiff domine!