[Prism54-devel] WPA pairwise 4-way handshake and group 2-way handshake

Singh, Alok Alok.Singh@analog.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:07:47 -0500

Hi All,=20
WPA specifications says after 4-way handshake is completed,=20
Access point as well the client should install the temporal keys. And =
then the 2-way group key handshake unicast messages should go encrypted =
with the installed temporal keys. But i've observed that odyssey client =
for linksys WPC54G adapter card accepts unencryped group key EAPOL =
message from the access point. More  so, it replies with the unencrypted =
group key EAPOL message itself. Then the odyssey client shows the =
connection as=20
opened to my surprise. I feel that the client card shouldn't behave in =
this  way.. Please let me know if my observation is correct Or i haven't =
 understood the WPA protocol properly.=20

Thanks,=20
alok