[Prism54-devel] Integration of Ad-hoc and Infrastructure mode

Ameya Damle amdamham@yahoo.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:57:24 -0800 (PST)

--0-1497554800-1077037044=:38829

I was wondering, if ad hoc mode and infrastructure mode in 802.11 wireless lans were integrated, that is if dynamic switching between them is achieved, then it would not only reduce the load on access points but also increase its coverage area, as the STA"s outside the cell can connnect to the access point through some STA's in the cell, that is an ad hoc multihop route.
Can anyone please help me regarding how this can be done ?? or any previous work on this or any references

Thanks
AD