[Prism54-devel] prism54 STA <-> hostap AP. problem with beacon interval >= 1s

vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua vda@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:49:31 +0200

Hi folks.

I run an AP under hostap. It has a beacon interval of 1000ms.
It turned out that my prism54 based STA does not like it.

I turned STA into monitor mode, started tcpdump and artificially
lovered signal quality to somewhat mediocre level.

At beacon intervals of 100, 333, 500, 666, 800, 900ms STA
is seeing almost every beacon, only ~1/10 of beacons are lost.

But at beacon intervals of 1000ms or greater STA
start to lose packets in a big way, sometimes by
5 packets in a row.

Well. I don't know what does this mean, is this
a compliant 802.11b behavior or not?

Anyway, we cannot fix firmware.

I'll try to find out how to modify this limit.
Hints?
--
vda