[Prism54-devel] Re: SMC 2802 V2

Alan Swanson swanson@ukfsn.org
Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:57:44 +0000

--=-jAPaiAWw2OUDvHqS196A

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> It is my understanding that these cards use a new firmware
> architecture.
> Not sure of the details but I am *sure* our driver will need some major
> re-writing if we are to support this new firmware architecture.=20
>=20
> What we need is:
> 1. Some of these cards for the prism54 developers
> 2. Specifications from Globespan or some base source which we can
> use as reference.=20

I (semi-unfortunately) just got one of these newer cards.

It appears, looking at the visible chip, to have a ISL3886 chipset
rather than the usual ISL3880. Searching the web, it seems to be
referred to as the PRISM WorldRadio;
http://www.agranat.com/prismworldradio.html

Also, AbsoluteValue systems support it commercially;
http://www.linux-wlan.com/products.html

--=20
Alan.

"One must never be purposelessnessnesslessness."

--=-jAPaiAWw2OUDvHqS196A

--=-jAPaiAWw2OUDvHqS196A--