[Prism54-devel] Re: device soft reset timed out on ixdp425

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:06:14 -0500

Lai,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:26:03PM +0800, Lai Li wrote:
> hi Luis,
>
> i did your suggestions at the same time.
>
> 1. Move the ISL38XX_INT_IDENT_INIT interrupt interrupt at the
> beginning of isl38xx_interface_reset in isl_38xx.c
> 2. Don't do the check for completion in islpci_reset_if, assume the
> soft reset went through fine.
>
> it shows the messges when i ifconfig up.......
>
> eth0: timeout waiting for mgmt response

I was expecting this to happen as I said in my e-mail.

> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000001f

This is unexpected.

Try just recommended chage #1, see how it goes. I'll look into
the mgmt timeout kernel oops when I get a chance.

As for the complete oops, it's pretty much useless if you don't ksymoops
it to give us helpful info. man ksymoops.

	Luis