[Prism54-devel] Upload firmware for older kernels

Margit Schubert-While margitsw@t-online.de
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:41:05 +0100

Hi Marcel,
 > the change for 2.6 is wrong, because the driver didn't depends on
FW_LOADER, it has to select it.
 > depends on PCI && NET_RADIO && EXPERIMENTAL
 > select FW_LOADER
         Arguable, Certainly not "wrong". See next comment.

 > For 2.4 this is a little bit more complex and you need a Makefile trick
to do it.

         This is why. As it is, the 2 configs are now more or less
equivalent witthout
         any fancy tricks. The FW dependency is clearly stated in the
config comment.
         Nice and simple.
         But I'm open to suggestions :-)   At least this is better than the
original.

 > BTW I don't think that we need an extra directory under .../wireless.
 > We can put all files directly into it, because they all have a isl* prefix.

         Well not all - oid_xxx .  I think that because we have a number of
files, it
         is easier to maintain. I notice most of the other wlan drivers
have only one or
         two files. Maybe, for the stable release, a merge into a smaller
number of files could be done.

Margit