[Prism54-devel] Re: Upload firmware for older kernels

Marcel Holtmann marcel@holtmann.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:32:21 +0100

Hi Luis,

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 07:53:24PM +0100, Margit Schubert-While wrote:
> > Well, if you do that, you need the 4 line patch in islpci_dev.h which
> > in previous posts fell on deaf ears. There was a categorical statement
> > that only >= 2.4.23 would be supported and basta.
> > An about turn in policy ?
> > (And my kernel patch suggestions seem to also have disappeared into the bit
> > bucket)
>
> that is not true. We have discussed it on our IRC devel channel :) I
> believe the consensus was:
> 2 votes in favor, 1 against, and one undecided (or blank).

the change for 2.6 is wrong, because the driver didn't depends on
FW_LOADER, it has to select it.

	depends on PCI && NET_RADIO && EXPERIMENTAL
	select FW_LOADER

For 2.4 this is a little bit more complex and you need a Makefile trick
to do it. See drivers/bluetooth/ for an example.

BTW I don't think that we need an extra directory under .../wireless. We
can put all files directly into it, because they all have a isl* prefix.

Regards

Marcel