[Prism54-devel] Re: SMC 2802 V2

Karsten Richter kasi@kasi-net.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:38:02 +0100

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Karsten,
>
> you have an SMC2802W V2, extracted the firmware then with:
>

>>dd if=2802W.exe of=test.firmware bs=1 skip=2244 count=28944
>

> Then used test.firmware as isl3890 file firmware *with* our driver and
> you got your card to work or just to do the soft reset?
Hi all,

unfortunately I did not get it beyond the soft reset point. Same
"timeout waiting for mgmt response" error messages as
Esa reported some days ago.
Just wanted to point out how to obtain the firmware
from the driver for others to experiment...

We still have no proof that the firmware is correct - although it seems
to be, as the card triggers the reset interrupt which it doesn't do when
I try to load an invalid firmware...

Are there any probe messages I can send to the card to check whether
it is initialized correctly?
Or are there any commands to read out information that can only be
obtained when the card has loaded the firmware?

What about those "Card is in active state" messages - is it okay that
the card claims to be active or does it mean that the driver thinks it
is sleeping and tries to activate it anyway?

I don't believe the V2 card is so different from other Prism based cards
that it won't run with the prism54 driver, probably we just have to
issue a different command or something.

If anyone has a hint to point me to the right direction, let me and/or
the list know.

Greetings

Karsten