[Prism54-devel] usb advances

Jean-Baptiste Note jean-baptiste.note at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 21 10:44:17 UTC 2004

Hello Sébastien,

Sebastien B <sebastien.b at swissinfo.org> said :
> Hi,
> The results are very encouraging. Using the firmware extracted from the
> Windows drivers, I managed to have the packets dumped, but I had to
> comment the lines resetting the USB device ; calling usb_reset_device()
> after the firmware upload never returns and causes a deadlock in the
> module for some odd reason. Why should the USB be resetted ? Is it to
> mimic the Windows driver's behaviour ? It seems unnecessary, at least
> for my device.

Only starting to look into this problem : i can only see one place where
usb_reset_device is called, and that is

err = p54u_reset_usb(netdev);

in p54u_boot, *before* the firmware upload (p54u_load_firmware) but
*after* the firmare request ( request_firmware(), which is a "system
call" to linux as far as we're concerned).

the other i think of are those lines :

    	p54u_dev_writel(netdev, ISL38XX_CTRL_STAT_REG, reg);
	p54u_dev_writel(netdev, ISL38XX_CTRL_STAT_REG, reg | ISL38XX_CTRL_STAT_RESET);
	p54u_dev_writel(netdev, ISL38XX_CTRL_STAT_REG, reg);

Which one is blocking for you ?

By the way, viewCVS is broken on prism54.org, and that was the only way
for people (including me) to get cvs read access. Or have i missed
something ?

Cheers,

JB

--