[Prism54-devel] usb advances

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Sat Dec 18 14:58:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:37:33 +0100
Jean-Baptiste Note <jean-baptiste.note at m4x.org> wrote:

> You see a bunch of them at the start, when the device scan the whole
> range of channels looking for the best AP.

Thanks, now I see it :) There seems to be only frequency change, probe
requests and one more type (perhaps a stats query?) sent.

> By the way, in the latest arch revision, packets are now sent to the
> madwifi layer, and maybe should give something with an AP at hand. I
> have not yet had any time to test.

The assumption that the SoftMAC leaves all the work to driver may not
be true. When I set ad-hoc mode, there are only two urbs with the essid
submited, but the device then sends 10 beacons per second. I will try
to capture autentication in managed mode and see if there are the urbs
submited or if the device does it itself too.

Feyd