[Prism54-devel] SMC2802W.V2 info, hw buggy ?

B van Someren b_vansomeren at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:11:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

I got an SMC 2802W.V2 too,  got it to work with ndiswrapper with original
win2k drivers .
I do the settings with iwconfig and to commit the settings, I have to
"iwpriv ndis_reset".
I tried ndiswrapper it with kernel 2.6.7. That worked for a while, but then
I had to iwpriv ndis_reset again to get the card going again. The hickup
occurs after some  ??? 50 - 300 mByte transfer I noticed.

The same thing happens when I have the card installed under XP.
I can ping the XP box, but when I simultaneously do a large transfer, after
some ??? 50-300 MByte, the card hangs.
The XP hw control tool ( probably ) does an automatic ndis_reset, since I
get some timed out pings and then it's up again.

Maybe the hardware of the 2802W.V2 is buggy and SMC doesn't want to let that
out. ( a 32 bit counter overflow perhaps ). Maybe that is the reason why
your talks over firmware and architechture of the 2802W.V2 with SMC run to a
halt every now and then ?

Hope the info helps,

Bob