[Prism54-devel] Speed dropdowns every 10 seconds?

Andriy Korud a.korud at vector.com.pl
Fri Dec 3 14:54:09 UTC 2004

Hi,
I've made more tests and discovered that the problem is windows driver for prism54 (at least those from Planex). When using other cards as client the sustained rate (IP level) was 27-30Mbps and no holes.
Short summary: AP - prism54/linux 2.6.9 driver, clients (all was Windows 2000):
- Planex GW-DS54G (prism-based) - 30Mbps with holes ebery 10 seconds;
- Linksys WPM54GV2 (Broadcom-based) - clear 28Mbps;
- D-Link DWL-G520+ (Texas-based) - clear 28Mbps;
- D-Link DWL-G520 (Atheros AR5213) - clear 30Mbps;

30Mbps on IP level give me 27Mbps on TCP level (according to netperf).

Concerning beacon period - I'was trying this on the driver in 2.6.9 kernel with latest wireless tools.

best regards,

--

Andriy Korud
application engineer