[Prism54-devel] Periodic PS-poll and nul frames

Dongwoon Hahn dongwoon.hahn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 07:37:18 UTC 2004

While I was working with Conexant Frisbee WLAN module with prism54
driver, I observed that it keeps sending PS-poll frames and null
frames.

Tests were done with the following settings.
- Driver 1.1 + firmware 1.0.3.0
- Driver 1.2 + firmware 1.0.4.3 + latest CVS patch

I checked the PSM status, and it is in the CAM mode (never go to power
save mode). What is strange is it keeps sending 802.11 PS-poll frames
although it seems to be NEVER in the power save mode.

I'm also wondering why it sends null frames periodically when it does
not have any frame to transmit. Null frames tells the AP the PSM
status of STA. It keeps sending a null frame with PSM on and a null
frame with PSM off subsequently.

Anybody knows about this PSM behaviour?

Dongwoon