[Prism54-devel] Mgmt oid timeout

zchen at SonicWALL.com zchen at SonicWALL.com
Mon Aug 16 18:32:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

We ran into a mgmt oid timeout issue while the radio is mostly idle. In
our setup, every 3 minutes a BSSLIST oid(DOT11_OID_BSSLIST) is issued,
after couple of hours, this oid request will be timed out. When the
timeout happens the rx shadow queue always have several oid=1 entries
there, and mgmt tx queue always have outstanding BSSLIST oid which can't
be transmitted by the hardware. If I try to do reset (by reloading the
firmware image) at that moment, about 10% of time the card can be
recovered; but most of the time, the subsequent mgmt oid timed out as
well, seems the hardware just won't process any outstanding mgmt tx
queue anymore.

The firmware version I am using is: 3890EndFW_1.0.4.3.arm. Is there a
more recent version available?

Does anyone ran into same problem, and what does oid=1 mean?

TIA.

Zhong Chen