[Prism54-devel] Re: prism54-usb development, ng gw121 boot, cvs, hw analysis

Johannes Steingraeber Jo_Stein@web.de
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:44:28 +0200

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 04:46:13PM +0200, Thomas Schorpp wrote:
> [...] maybe they invented little cryptographic
> authentication to check if the device is accessed by licenced drivers.
>
> did you see any random data in usb comms? ill check too.

No, everything looks very straight forward.

> ive hearded of the usb sniffers, the scanner and camera teams seems to
> use them too.
> which shall i use?

http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/index.php

The most recent (binary) version seems to be

http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/x-stats/get.php?location=../usbsnoop/sniff-bin-1.8.zip (137kB)

(URL may wrap)

Please download the prism-devel archive of last two months, there is
already some insight into USB traffic.

> building cvs under 2.4.26: failed due to my "icompetency":

Sorry, you will need 2.6, there are too much changes between 2.4 and
2.6. Even if you add the missing definition for netdev_priv you will
have no luck with the driver. It's for 2.6 only!

Johannes
--
Not using mail encoding is like always writing on postcards.
Key ID = 1024D/8014B0E9