[Prism54-devel] implementation of sub-ioctls

Aurelien slts@free.fr
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:13:14 +0100

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:41:04 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)
David Pufer <root@seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have just started tweaking the driver. I would like to submit the
> following patch that adds sub-ioctls support to private ioctls. As a
> sample code I implemented more private ioctls (Preamble settings,
> operation mode profile setting, slot setting). I also moved
> getBeaconPeriod and setBeaconPeriod to the sub-ioctl handler. In addition
> I added these parameters to MIB. I tested the patch against 20031129 CVS
> tarball on my SMC 2802W and it seems to work withou problems.
>
> David Pufer

Why would we need subioctls ? We have space for 32 privates ioctls and that's probably enough. Or maybe you have some ioctls consuming idea ? Moreover setting some param on the card is useless. eg : the set/get beacon period does nothing. And there are probably other oids that are read only...

...And justice for all