[Prism54-devel] Re: ISL 3893 and initialization

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:48:03 +0100

Hello Fabian,

thanks, after "ifconfig eth1 up" setting the SSID works. Thanks.
Using the drivers from prism54.org isn't an option for me; the kernel
supplied by the intersil APDK is heavily modified, and unless i get some
clean information about all modifications i can't risk trying a
different kernel - the board doesn't have other possibilities for
booting than the flash (as long as the flash is valid & i don't have the
master password for the boot loader) and the flash can't be removed or
reprogrammed externally.

But after having found out why i couldn't set OIDs, i think i'll find
out myself what "mode Master" does set.

Thanks.
BTW: the intersil software seems to use some closed-source daemon for
authenticating users in host mode. But maybe this is for EAP only.
I will probably just generate a config file for that daemon now.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
  A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.   //\