[Prism54-devel] Debian packages

Fabian Fagerholm fabbe@paniq.net
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:15:53 +0200

--=-01tdAhaNL4HCttYdLuCz

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 16:13, Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 12:32, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> > see that there are some licence issues that need to be resolved, but
> > after that the driver could probably be included in Debian.
> >=20
> > What do you think?
>=20
> great :-)
>=20
> btw, how does debian handle non-free firmware stuff?

The free portions could be included in the Debian section called
"contrib". But Debian cannot distribute the non-free firmware.

My idea is that when installing the package, the user will have a choice
of loading the firmware file from the installation media that came with
the hardware, or from a directory of her choice, or download the
firmware file from the web. That's the way it's done in some other
packages, and I think it works quite nicely. It also allows the user to
get the firmware version independently of the package, which is probably
a good thing.

Has there been any progress on the license issues for the rest of the
prism54 package?

--=20
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>

--=-01tdAhaNL4HCttYdLuCz