[Prism54-devel] Unstable Noise Level & Setting Rate

Michal Knezourek kneza@poupe.net
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:38:21 +0100

Hi,
I have SMC 2802W card and I'm using today's snapshot with 2.4.23 kernel,
but when I list iwconfig Signal Level, it's absolutely stable and nice,
but Noise level is jumping from -254 to -1 (what i have seen).
I cannot transmit more then 150kbytes/s when the card is in 54Mbit mode
and change Bitrate is impossible with current driver (will be it
supported soon?). When I have on my the other side 11Mbit card or 54Mbit
card with old driver (where setting rate was possible with setoid) card
works fine in 11Mbit mode. Noise level is jumping still.
Where can be problem?

--
Michal Knezourek