[Prism54-devel] Patch to control output power (iwconfig txpower)

kaleda gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:07:15 +0200

On Pr, 2003-12-22 at 18:36, Barret,Lee wrote:
> Sorry, can you tell me how to find the OID for OID_INL_OUTPUTPOWER.
> i could not find in RM034. in RM034 Appendix A, OID_802_11_TX_POWER_LEVEL
> was TBD.

>From my first letter:
> > +#define OID_INL_OUTPUTPOWER 0xFF02000F
It was in my patch.
I added this value to islpci_mgt.h file, just after
#define OID_INL_DOT11D_CONFORMANCE              0xFF02000C
I've added it there, because it's in the same OID group.

> I think you were using this object (aOutputPowerTable ).
> PHY OBJ aOutputPowerTable (WRITE ONLY, define in RM034 PHY-OBJ):
> This object configures the output power table. The structure and its values
> are implementation dependent.
nono
I'm using output power OID.

> but, who know the structure of this object?
TXpower oid - is simply long value.
It is measured in 0.25 dBm's.
that's why I'm multiplying(dividing) the value by 4.

It was not described in RM034.
It was described in second revision RM034.2.
In firmware AFAIR output power was introduced since 1.0.3.0 firmware
version.

Kaleda