[Prism54-devel] Xterasys XN-2522g: another compatible card!

Aquila aquilaver@yahoo.com
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 05:06:04 -0800 (PST)

Zcom is a large ODM and sells their cards to various
other companies (they produce the cards and resell
them). Some of the bigger guys might want the ID's
customized, but I suspect that the others don't really
care about that if the cost is less. I think that's
the reason.

Aquila
-----Original Message-----
From: prism54-devel-admin@prism54.org
[mailto:prism54-devel-admin@prism54.org] On Behalf Of
Luis R. Rodriguez
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 6:01 PM
To: Bob Beers
Cc: prism54-devel@prism54.org; Xterasys Tech Support
Subject: Re: [Prism54-devel] Xterasys XN-2522g:
another compatible card!

The XG-900 and the just recently reported XN-2522g
seem to use the same subsystem ID. They deffer in that
XG-900 was reported to be PCI and XN-2522g to be
Cardbus.

Also, I notice that I4, Xterasys and Z-Com are using
the same vendor subsystem id. Can someone tell me what
the relationship between Xterasys, Z-Com and I4 is?
Are they the same company?? If not does someone know
if it is in accordance to the PCI spec to share pci
vendor subsystem IDs?

While I'm at it.. anyone know if PCI specs says
subsystem ID 0x0000 is a valid PCI subsytem ID? We
have one card that was reported to use it but I think
it was a bogus reading/card.

Xtersys Tech Support team: please take note that the
prism54 driver allows users to use your cards with
Linux. Might want to link to us ;)

	Luis

<http://xterasys.com/xn2522g.htm>

> US$40 (direct from xterasys.com)
>
> ~# lspci -n -v -v -v -s00:0a.0
> 00:0a.0 Class 0280: 1260:3890 (rev 01)
>          Subsystem: 17cf:0020
>          Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle-
MemWINV+ VGASnoop-
> ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B+
>  >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
>          Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
>          Region 0: Memory at fedc0000 (32-bit,
non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
1
>                  Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+
AuxCurrent=0mA
> PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
DScale=0 PME-

> The windows drivers which came on a cd included the
1.0.3.0 firmware,
>   but I have only tried the 1.0.4.3 and the prism54
driver.