[Prism54-devel] initialisation behavior

Bernhard Seibold Bernhard.Seibold@informatik.uni-ulm.de
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:25:01 +0100

Hi!

Great work, folks. The driver now works for me. But one thing really
annoying is the way you do the initialisation. I wondered for about a
week why the card didn't do any initialisation and no one complained
about it, until i found out, that i first have to bring up the
interface.
Sorry, but in my opinion thats really stupid, and it's not the default
behaviour. When establishing a wlan connection, you usually modprobe the
driver (or hotplug modprobes it) then you (or your scripts) do a iwlist
to see what access points are around, then pick one, and then do a dhcp
request. Now i have to patch all network scripts to first bring up the
interface.
So i hope you reconsider that issue and make the driver even better.

best regards

Bernhard Seibold