[Prism54-devel] bug in scan (firmware)

Aurelien slts@free.fr
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:47:29 +0100

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:37:43 +0200
kaleda <gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt> wrote:

> Try doing iwlist ethX scan
> it's better to do it when you see many ap's (e.g. 8+)
> some essid's are printed incorrectly.
> I think that it's firmware bug: the first symbol allways is length of
> the ssid, 'cause in radio packets ssid is always prepended with its
> length, and I think that firmware not always cuts the length before
> returning the ssid's from firmware.
>
> On some ssid's its absent, on some it appears.

Hello,
I did some testing on this subject. I have only one AP, so my tests are maybe not really revelant. Here is what I found : The ssid given by the card seems to always be prefixed by its length, but the corresponding char is not always printable.

Please verify this on your APs. If it's true, all we have to do is to always remove the first char...

Thanks,
	Aurelien