[Prism54-devel] Bug with endianess

kaleda gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:49:26 +0200

> > What I can suggest - change DOT11_OID_FREQUENCY into DOT11_OID_CHANNEL,
> > 'cause ordinarry user always operates in channels, and he's not
> > interested in frequency.
> No, if frequency is not set we need to read the channel. But if channel is not set, we have to read frequency.
> Moreover, it shows another caching problem : if one sets frequency and channel differently (ie channel=6 and the freq=(freq from channel 1)). Which one should we use ? Easy to fix, but I'll do it later.

Maybe I haven't understand the problem.
But when you set channel - frequency oid also changes
and when you set freq - accordingly changes channel oid.

The only confuse can be - you set channel, but iwconfig show frequency,
or vise versa.

Mayby it's possible to store in driver which setting was set last, but I
think it's overkill to store such info in driver module.

Kaleda