[Prism54-devel] Bug with endianess

kaleda gadeanta@soften.ktu.lt
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:17:41 +0200

> That's true. Thanks for the report. Moreover, it shows that this function is totally stupid (hehe that piece of code was written by intersil ;-)) Because we know that
> 	MGT_GET_REQUEST_U32(priv, DOT11_OID_FREQUENCY...
> will return a frequency and not a channel.
There's no problem:
iwconfig (wireless tools) can show channel (if less than 1000)
as well as frequency (> 1000).
(The only problem is - you cannot show both at the same time).

> But the fix is not so simple because when the card
> is not ready (ie we cache the set requests), it is
> possible that channel is set but not frequency...
When the card is not ready - it will show the last set parameter (freq
or channel) . When the card is ready - it will show frequency.

What I can suggest - change DOT11_OID_FREQUENCY into DOT11_OID_CHANNEL,
'cause ordinarry user always operates in channels, and he's not
interested in frequency.

I've got one more problem:
I insmod module, ifup interface and do some (many) settings.
And after some time seems, that card looses its mode (seems like module
thinks it's not in running state):
iwconfig shows mac address all zeros, when I try to change channel - it
reports, that illegal parameters and so on, and finally i do ifdown and
again ifup interface - and get oops on in function prism54_mib_init on
assertion BUG_ON.
Possibly it's also problem with endianess (I'm working on big endian arm
board).

Haven't found the problem - still searching.

Kaleda